Jin De Lai Zhong Hua La Mian [金德来中华拉面], Singapore


Today, I met a friend who just came to Singapore to work. While hosting a welcome party, I took her to one of my favourite restaurants, Jin De Lai Zhong Hua La Mian [金得来中华拉面] at Boat Quay. This restaurant was not only located in the touristy belt along Boat Quay and served but also served authentic Chinese Shaanxi (陕西菜) cuisine. I felt that the authentic food might make her feel more at home and she might miss the Chinese food back home.



Of all days, today was one of the hottest day of the month. It was about 34 degrees Celsius. Because of the high heat and humidity, I almost wanted to change the venue. But I was glad that I did not. My friend enjoyed the food very much.

As the restaurant was not crowded today,  we had a table in the air conditioned area. Without thinking, we ordered a variety of dishes very quickly. After making the food orders, we realised that we have over ordered and might not be able to finish the food. Truth be told, we did not finish the food and had to ask the service staff to pack the remaining food. Besides the over ordering of food, the food was exceedingly delicious.

In my previous post, I shared some of the dishes like the Fish fragrance Pork Shreds (鱼香肉丝 - you xiang rou si), dàpánjī 大盘鸡 (Big Plate Chicken), and Oil Sprinkled Noodles (or 油泼扯面 - you po che mian). In this post, I ordered new dishes - Skewered Lamb meat, Dumplings (水饺) and Vegetables with garlic to add to my list.

Skewered Lamb Meat (see photo above) was served first. When the food arrived, the herbal aroma of cumin seeds and other spices made us salivate. The lamb meat was perfectly cooked. The meat was fresh, tender and juicy. Most importantly, there was no 'lamb smell'. Both of us enjoyed the skewered lamb very much. After trying the skewered lamb meat, it was notably that it would be one of my regular orders in the future.


Oil Sprinkled Noodles (or 油泼扯面 - you po che mian) still gave me a watery nose and pouted lips when I ate the spicy noodles. Even though the noodles were spicy and made my lips swollen, I still enjoyed it very much. I loved the texture of the noodles and the fresh ingredients like bean curd, and bean sprouts.


dàpánjī 大盘鸡 (Big Plate Chicken) was still as delicious despite the number of times I ate from this restaurant. This was to show the consistent quality of food.  Even though we ordered a small serving, the portion was still too big for two persons. I still loved the noodles which were cooked  in the al dente way.


Vegetables cooked with Garlic was a simple dish. The vegetables were cooked nicely. It was good but nothing to rave/ scream about.


Dumplings (水饺) were freshly prepared. The pork was fresh and tender. There was some soup in the dumplings. Soaked in rice vinegar and topped with ginger slices, the dumplings was even more delicious! The skin was a little thick but it was just nice. A good portion just enough for two persons to share.

 
Fish fragrance Pork Shreds (鱼香肉丝 - you xiang rou si) is a good side dish when you are at Jin De Lai. The spicy and sour sauce with pork shreds were very appetizing and whets your appetite. Highly recommended to order this dish. (Food rating: 4/5)


Sep 15 - Cold Noodles (凉皮) was recommended to me last evening. The thick white noodles were refreshing with the cucumber shreds. It came with a small bowl just enough for a small eater. (Food Rating: 3.5/5)


BBQ Stingray was a surprise. I did not expect this dish to be on par with the local version of BBQ stingray.  At $20, the dish served four thick slices of the fish. The chilli sauce is best eat with white rice. It was delicious. (Rating: 4/5)

Address: 56 Boat Quay, Singapore 049845
Price: $
Rating: 4/5
Stuffness Level (How full you are): 4.5/5

Comments